Tea is our country’s answer to every problem. If you are sad, have tea; if you are stressed, have tea; if you are feeling cold, have tea! Such is the magic of tea. Kashmiri tea known as Kahwa is a tea with a unique taste and aroma. It is a nutritious drink that is known for keeping the body warm and healthy in extreme weather conditions. It is made with cinnamon, saffron, cardamom, cloves and dry fruits like raisins, walnuts, cashews and dates.
It is traditionally prepared in a kettle known as a samovar. The various spices present in this tea help to build immunity and keep seasonal infections at bay. This tea is good for digestion and is ideal for those who are trying to watch their weight. It also helps in reducing anxiety due to the presence of antioxidants. It is also great for curing a cold and cough. Since it has ingredients like almonds, it also helps in keeping the skin healthy and moisturised.
So make this healthy and delicious tea at home by following these simple steps.
- 2 tsp Pure Green Tea
- 3 cups Water
- 8-10 strands Saffron
- ½ inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 2 pods Cardamom crushed
- ½ tsp Dried rose petals
- 2tsp Almonds slivered
- 1 tsp Honey optional
- Heat 3 cups of water in a pan.
- Add saffron, cinnamon, cloves, dried rose petals and cardamom in water and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and add green tea in the water.
- Let the tea steep for 2 minutes.
- Strain the Kashmiri Kahwa tea in 2 cups.
- Add almond slivers and a few strands of saffron for garnish.
- Add honey if required.
- Serve hot.