No matter how tasty a dish or curry is, it would be ruined if there is excess salt in it. Try these seven tips to remove excess salt in curries with gravy.
1. Make small balls by mixing 2 tablespoon all purpose flour or wheat flour. Drop these into the curries and boil for 15-20 minutes. Take out these balls in the end. Tehy’ll absorb the excess salt from the gravy.
2. Soak some cashews in water. Grind the soaked cashews with 1 table spoon yoghurt into fine paste. Adding this paste into the curries would not just remove excess salt but make the dish tastier too. Instead of yoghurt you could try coconut paste.
3. Adding fresh cream would make the gravy less salty.
4. Add potato cubes in the curry and boil for 15 minutes. Do not forget to take out these potatoes once you are done. These potatoes would have absorbed the excessive salt.
5. Mixing in some yoghurt could make the curries less salty.
6. Adding boiled and crumbled potatoes would make the gravy richer while absorbing the excess salt.
7. Mix 1 table spoon rice powder in water. Add this into the curry. Boil for some time. This makes the gravy thicker and tastier while removing the excess salt.